Wednesday, April 28, 2004

3 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we walk away from the old house never to see it again)

I've started hanging paintings and such on the walls of the new house. It won't be long and there won't be more then a bit of bare wall visible to the naked eye. I've got way too much wall art. I have way too many doodads and dust-catchers too. I already packed up one and half boxes of doodads to go to Wisconsin. Maybe I'll find a spot there for them. It's a bigger house. Almost virgin territory. I'll have to put in more shelves but things don't seem to get as dusty in Wisconsin. Off to Wisconsin with at least some of these dust-catchers.

My fans will be installed today. Yeah!!! We were going to wait to get ceiling fans until next fall but as soon as the temps reached 90°F here we hurriedly decided that we couldn't live without them for even the two months that remain until we head out for Wisconsin.

*****

My fans have now been installed and look great. They're working great too. Yeah!!! I can now concentrate on other important matters.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

When it comes to that beautiful red bird, the cardinal, "One would think that such an attractive creature would have given its name to many things, but in fact it is the other way around. The bird's name comes from the red-robed official of the Roman Catholic Church, who in turn was named for being so important--that is, from the adjective cardinal, from the Latin cardo, meaning 'hinge' or 'pivot.' Anything cardinal was so important that events depended (hinged or pivoted) on it." (From It's Raining Cats and Dogs, by Christine Ammer)

No comments: