Friday, April 23, 2004

8 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

I'm still unpacking. You may have noticed that I haven't closed my blog with a trivia segment lately. There is a very good reason for this. I can't find the box where I packed my book. It's there somewhere but until I find it there will be no trivia segment to my blog.

I have my kitchen almost completely organized. The movers delivered two vital shelves for my kitchen buffet to my daughter's place by mistake. I was relieved to discover that they had merely been misdirected instead of tossed.

My new neighbor stopped over this morning after breakfast. She's ready to kill her husband. They're still in the process of unpacking. I sympathize with her sentiment. We stood outside the front door and comiserated. Moving is like giving birth only it takes a bit longer to move then it takes to actually give birth. Husbands really need to learn that they shouldn't take to heart everything that wives say during the course of labor.

My plants are all happy because I managed to set up the credenza in a place where they would receive the proper amount of light. All my plants are now in one general location so the summer plant sitters won't have any problems finding them all.

My next project is to set up my toiletries. We've down-sized our master bathroom with this house. We now have only one medicine cabinet where we used to have two. I also lost four drawers. I must learn to share. I must become more creative in my organizational skills. I've got three boxes of toiletries that will have to all fit into one and a half drawers, no medicine cabinet, and what little space there remains under my sink. Thank goodness we still have two sinks. HTP took the medicine cabinet. He'll have more space them me. Grrrr!!!!!

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

I told you that I wouldn't be having a trivia segment until I find my book. What are you doing reading this? Go away! Shoo! Scat! I'm supposed to be unpacking.

No comments: