Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Twenty-Eight Days Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Offvending machine - Drink or food machine that takes your money and supplies no goods.

What happened to yesterday's blog? I forgot. I got busy. I got lazy. There was nothing worth reporting...which, of course, just isn't the truth because one only has to open a newspaper and see that there's a whole lot of stuff happening. Of course my stuff doesn't usually hit the newspapers so.... Actually, I bought three new books at the bookstore on Sunday and that's why I didn't blog. I read all three books. I gulped them down like the true addict that I am. I set down the books only long enough to make meals, eat meals, do the laundry and sleep. I gorged myself, sucking down books like some poor soul who sits down and consumes a pound of chocolate candy in one sitting. I really hate it when I do that....not the chocolate thing. The book thing. I do love chocolate but there's no way that I could sit down and eat a pound of the stuff...even if it happens to be Godiva's truffles. The thing is that now I don't have anything to read until I go back to the bookstore and buy that new Christine Feehan book. It came out yesterday but I haven't had a chance to go out and buy it. Maybe I'll run out later to get it. HTP has the car today so I've got to wait. I suppose I could have ordered it from Amazon but that takes a lot longer than just going to the store to buy it. I reserve Amazon for when we're in Wisconsin. The closest bookstore to us in Wisconsin is a tiny little store front bookstore and their inventory isn't always what it should be. I'm told that I can special order books through them but I can do that through Amazon and I don't have to use a middleman. I'm sure I'll be ordering books aplenty this summer from Amazon, Walmart, and Overstock.com.

Murphyism of the Day

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle

The location of all objects cannot be known simultaneously.

Corollary

If a lost thing is found, something else will disappear.

No comments: