Friday, March 03, 2006

Word of the Day

Minglish - Combining English with another language.

OK. I admit it. I've been doing anything and everything to avoid reading anymore of the books that I'm supposed to be judging. So...I got up this morning, heated up a cup of yesterday's left-over coffee, brewed a fresh pot, fed and took care of the dogs, made breakfast, I took my vitamins, I reset my watch to reflect the proper date because for some reason it thought that this was a leap year....all more delaying tactics, but in my mind the entire time I knew that I had to face the inevitable. Sigh. I solved three more Sudoku puzzles as I watched the news, checked the blogs and the Marine support boards and then I dug out another book and settled into it.

Surprise! I mean really! I finished it in one sustained gulp and it was GREAT! I loved it. There was humor. There was a real live story with conflict. Both the hero and heroine could have walked off the page of the book, and the supporting cast of characters were wonderful! I really loved it. And now? I refuse to drag my present mood down by reading another of the books that may wreck things. Tomorrow is soon enough...or maybe Monday. I don't have to have the other books read INSTANTLY. I've got until the end of the month.

So...I did my duty. I read my second book for the contest and I was rewarded with a really good book. And now, maybe I'd better take a look at that music that I'm expected to play this Sunday at church.

*Murphyism of the Day

Ferguson's Precept

A crisis is when you can't say "let's forget the whole thing."

*Please note that the majority of my Murphyisms are taken from a wonderful book written by Arthur Bloch. Murphy's Law, The 25(6)th Anniversary Edition. This book can be purchased from most booksellers. I got mine online from Amazon.com. I'm a firm believer in the rule that one should give credit where credit is due.

No comments: