Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Word of the Day

Nose loaders - Masses of little bugs that swarm in the spring and fall.

I wasn't planning on going anywhere today anyway. I've got laundry that I'm doing. Tuesday=Laundry Day. It's not that I NEED a car sitting out in the garage right now. Why is it that the second you DON'T have a car for even one day, that's when you start getting antsy and seem to NEED a car? Right NOW! The thing of it is, if the car was in the garage right now, I'd find an excuse to stay home. Three times I thought about running off to the store to buy this or that yesterday...but NO...we don't have a car and the nearest store isn't all that near. I'm not up to battling shin splints just to go out and buy a package of hamburger buns and some fresh veggies. I miss the days when we used to have two cars. If one car was stuck in the repair shop, we always had the other car. Not that I would use that car but...it was there if I wanted to use it. Actually, we do still own two cars. One of them is in Wisconsin right now taking up space in the garage there. It's hibernating. But that's besides the point. WE DON'T HAVE A CAR! At least not right now. HTP assures me that we'll have a car again sometime today. Suck it up! He didn't tell me to suck it up. I told myself that. I tell myself that some people would find it a luxury to even own a car. I tell myself that some people take a bus everywhere or *shudder* walk. I can do that. I can walk. I just don't want to walk. And if the car were in the garage right now? I'd be able to go shopping for some milk right now. But...if the car were in the garage right now I'm sure I'd think up a perfectly reasonable excuse why I couldn't go shopping right now. And to quote Gilda Radnor, "It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it isn't one thing it's another. If it isn't another thing it's something else." And today's something? I don't have a car. I don't need a car. I just THINK I need a car. Old Grey Frog is losing her mind but she's fully aware of the fact so that's a plus. My biggest fear is that not having car will force me to clean the house today. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Car Update : 5 PM

HTP just got a call from the car repair shop and it looks like we'll be carless for yet another day. I'm off to cancel appointments yet again. We've been promised that it'll be fixed for sure by tomorrow night. Should I hold my breath? You want my guess? I think THEY decided to fix someone else's car instead of ours because someone else made more noise and THEY shuffled our car to the rear. Or am I just being paranoid?

Murphyism of the Day

Meskimen's Law

There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.

No comments: