Saturday, March 25, 2006

Word of the Day

Obliment - An obligatory compliment. To give an obligatory compliment.


As DD Daughter would say, I've got a Head Explodie. Too much sun? The heat of the day? Too much Suduko? I have no idea. However, I refuse to give into it. And I refuse to believe that my Advil won't work. It will. Given time.

I'm making a turkey on the grill. I've never done that before. Actually, it's just a large turkey breast but the thing weighs almost eight-pounds. I'm experimenting with some mesquite chips. I'm experimenting for the entire thing. I got a recipe off the internet that claims to know how to do this. So far, so good. It smells good. It's just taking longer than I expected. The heat is hard to judge. So far the thing has been cooking for three hours....and counting. HTP is demanding results. We didn't eat lunch.

It's early to bed for me tonight. I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get to church. I'm playing in a woodwind quartet for two services. My head explodie will settle down a lot faster if I get some sleep.

Murphyism of the Day

Gattuso's Extension of Murphy's Law

Nothing is ever so bad that it can't get worse.

No comments: