Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Word of the Day

Medification - Adjusting your medications.

I know! Surprise! I decided to blog despite the late hour. Despite the late hour, please note that I continue to warn that I may not blog again while we're here in Vegas. I might but I might not. It's better to assume the worst and thus be surprised by... OK...my blog isn't the best but it is a blog.

We left our home in Arizona at around 7 AM and arrived in Vegas at around 12 noon. After a quick stop at my folks' house, we continued on to Sam's Town. Traffic wasn't a problem. There wasn't any Dam traffic.

HTP and I had lunch at The Harvest Cafe. HTP and I both thought the French fries were awful. Despite the fact that I ordered a baked potato, I got the same awful French fries that HTP received. Thankfully, our waitress, upon realizing her mistake, brought me a promised baked potato. I didn't have to eat the dreaded French fries.

So far, so good. I'm a bit ahead...money-wise...for this trip. After a wonderful supper at Billy Bob's...OK...it wasn't magnificent but it was pretty good and it was free...I returned to the room. It's late. Normally, Arizona-time, I'd be in bed already. Anyway, I'm sitting here, blogging, with a glass of wine leftover from supper. As per our request, our hostess arranged to have a small fridge in our room so all left-overs...food-wise...are safely stowed in said fridge. I ate the lobster tail but I've never been fond of Billy Bob's filet mignon. Arizona daughter tells me that the chef or undocumented kitchen help must have "poked it" thus letting all the wonderful juices leak out. Somehow a bloodless piece of rare meat just doesn't cut it for me. Call me vampira but I need the blood.

Murphyism of the Day

Frothingham's Law

Urgency varies inversely with importance.

No comments: