Saturday, March 04, 2006

Word of the Day

Mirrmaids - The group of teenage girls who congregate in front of the mirror in restrooms.

Gag me. I started reading the third book that I need to judge for the contest and....

I just had to put it down. This one is going to take a bit of slogging to get through. I've read through eight chapters already and I now know more than I've ever wanted to know about personal "toys". The sister of the main female character designs them. Oh...and they're all in shades of neon...don'tcha know. What did this author do? Go visit an Adult's Only Store? Castle Boutique? Geez...see Old Grey hop off to go wash her hands...

I've since decided to hold off finishing this book until Monday...or Tuesday. I will have to finish the dang book but....Blech! I am not a prude. I'm not. I'm just not sure I want to read all about how these toys will be woven into the story. And yes, I imagine that this is what the author probably does. The worst part is this is a story where I still haven't been drawn in by the author to feel an ounce sympathy or ANY FEELING for ANYONE in the book as yet. And I've already read EIGHT CHAPTERS. IF I had by any chance moment of insanity bought this book, I would, with not a moment of hesitation, throw this book in the garbage. I'll give another go at reading it on Monday. I refuse to read this book on a Sunday and I've already read too much of it for today.

Murphyism of the Day

The Unapplicable Law

Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.

No comments: