Friday, March 31, 2006

Twenty-Six Days Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Oliphantocrocosaurus - If your not sure as to what African animal it is or was - use this word! Kids just love it!

One of my favorite comedians (Bill Engvall) has a bit about people who you see at the County Fair. He claims that you see people there in outfits that you wouldn't be caught in cleaning dog mess out of your yard....and it's true. You see the same stuff at the Malls and the grocery stores. That thought came to mind because...that's what I was doing today. Not the County Fair, The Mall, or the grocery stores. Cleaning dog mess out of the yard. Someone's gotta do it. It doesn't just go away on its own. At least...not here in Arizona with our dearth of rain. Sad to say, there is no magical dog poop fairy to remove the offending stuff. The dog mess turns into petrified bits of crap that tends to look a lot like the gravel where it hides. And for some reason my dogs think of it as dog munchies that they need to drag up onto the deck to snack on. But it isn't gravel and it isn't dog munchies and I know it and you know it and EVERYONE knows it so today was my day to clean the dog mess out of the yard. The sad thing is that it isn't always easy to pick out the stuff amongst the gravel. Unfortunately, the dogs seem to see it just fine. No matter how thorough I think I am, they will always find that elusive piece that I missed and they'll drag it out to munch on. Yuck! I do not accept doggie kisses. Oh...and I plan to change my clothes before I go shopping today. I wouldn't want to be caught out in public with my dog poop fairy costume.

Murphyism of the Day

Maryann's Law

You can always find what you're not looking for.

No comments: