Thursday, March 23, 2006

Word of the Day

Not-heads - People who say something sarcastic and then exclaim "NOT!" at the end to make sure you knew it was sarcastic.

We've got our car back! Woohoo! I'm going to run right out and use it....NOT! I do have an excuse. It's still too early and I haven't even started breakfast. I did sort through the huge bag of stuff that HTP brought in from the center column holding area in our car. I have a confession to make. I ate the trailmix bar that I found in the bag of stuff. I don't know why it was in the center storage column or who put it there or how long it was there. I will tell you that it tasted really good with my morning cup of coffee. And I did have to check to see if it was stale afterall. I mean, what's the point of keeping stale trailmix bars in your car taking up space? And then...of course, I couldn't just put a started trailmix bar back into the car. That's just gross. Anyway, I put the maps back because HTP loves his maps along with the owner's manual. I returned the service record for the car as well as our proof of insurance. I returned a small packet of tissues and my sunglasses even though I never wear them unless I've got my contact lenses in and that isn't too often. However, that's where I'd really need the sunglasses should I happen to be wearing my contact lenses. So...they're there, just in case. I threw away all kinds of expired coupons which have been shoved there over the years but I set aside our gas receipts for HTP to enter into his computer spread sheet. And I set aside a bunch of screws and nuts and stuff that I have no idea what they are for or where they go. HTP will have to decide. I returned three pencils and two pens and put the twenty others back into our office desk. Don't ask me why we had so many pencils and pens in the center column storage area because I haven't a clue. And you know the kicker? Whenever I need a pencil or pen while we're in the car, I never can find one. I did put a pad of notepaper in the column. There wasn't one in the huge sack of stuff and I hate writing notes on the back of sale's receipts. And I returned the car kit for our XM radio and the car cellphone charger. So...as you can see...there's still quite a bit of stuff in our center column storage/holding area. I'd add a few tools to the stuff but I carry that sort of thing in my purse so there's no reason for duplication. Oh...there's an umbrella in there too. It's a huge center column. Kind of like Mary Poppins' carpet bag purse. Or...my purse. Flashlight? That's in the glove compartment. It's so nice to have the car back in the garage. I feel like someone returned your security blanket. Or they fixed my computer. However. I do indeed plan to go out shopping later today. We need fresh veggies along with whole list of other things. And I need to make another hair appointment.

Murphyism of the Day

The Extended Murphy's Law

If a series of events goes wrong, it will do so in the worst possible sequence.

No comments: