Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Word of the Day

Noshtalgia - Home cooking.

We are still carless but the car repairman just told HTP that the car should be done by tonight. Of course, this doesn't help me too much since I have to be at church tonight at a time which will probably be a lot sooner than the car will be ready. If the car is ready tonight which as far as I'm concerned is a rather doubtful matter. Thankfully, someone in my neighborhood who also goes to the church has promised to give me a ride. If HTP does by any chance get the car back tonight, he tells me that he'll pick me up. Thankfully my neighbor has promised to give me a ride home should the car repairman break another promise.

I made a huge pot of chili yesterday. I've decided that I like my homemade chili a lot better than the store bought stuff. Nothing like a nice hot bowl of homemade chili to warm the cockles. It's been pretty cold here...relatively speaking. The high today is only 65°F. That's cold for here in the desert where I live. Of course, #1 son is experiencing much colder weather in Minnesota. Spring may have sprung but the only flowers in Minnesota are the ones that can be purchased at the florist. I wonder how his houseplants are doing?

My new trees appear to be doing just fine so far. HTP and I still have to stake them better but that'll have to wait for another day. Oh...and I have to dump the 1/8 " of rain out of my rain gauge. It rained yesterday. Just enough enough to wet the sidewalks and move the float in my rain gauge a hair.

Murphyism of the Day

Booker's Law

An ounce of application is worth a ton of abstraction.

No comments: