Monday, March 06, 2006

Word of the Day

Mirth-control - Trying not to laugh.

HTP and I spent some time in the front yard. He discovered a second lawn-blower/sucker in the garage. I won't go into how many times I told him that it was there. Anyway, these things both blow and suck but it's not easy to switch them from blower to sucker. So...HTP set the one on suck and the other on blow and then...away we went. We ended up blowing the stuff out of the neighbor's yards too because our stuff ended up blowing EVERYWHERE. It's kind of hard to control where the stuff blows and then the wind wasn't exactly cooperative either. Anyway, the front yard is looking really nice now. HTP even spritzed the weeds. Note that the backyard is still waiting. We aren't as worried about the backyard because the HOA can't touch us for anything that goes on back there. We'll get to it but not for a bit more. We finished cleaning up the front yard to avoid getting a letter from the HOA and because we didn't want to tackle the project next week. Makes sense to me.

I'm still reading on that third book. It just hasn't gotten any better. I am, however, getting quite an education on stuff that I'd have preferred not knowing about. EWWW! GROSS!

I didn't watch the Oscars last night. Quite frankly, I can't think of one movie lately that I'd want to see. I like comedies. I don't even watch TV much. I'd rather read a good book. Emphasis on GOOD.

Murphyism of the Day

The Cardinal Conundrum

The optimist believes we live in the best possible worlds.

A pessimist fears this is true.

No comments: