Saturday, April 01, 2006

Twenty-Five Days Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Onlyest - The only one.

HTP picked Arizona daughter and her husband up at the airport last night. They're back. I haven't got the details as yet but Arizona daughter told HTP that she'd call us sometime today or tomorrow. I imagine that they're really tired. They flew from Kentucky to New Jersey? On the way to Arizona? Not exactly a direct flight.

I haven't heard from DD Daughter. She was supposed to go see the doctor again yesterday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is OK. She's still having problems with her broken hip. I'm a firm believer that whatever happens in life happens for a reason. We may never know why but you play the cards you're dealt. Whatever happens with it, I hope she realizes how proud we all of all she's done this past year. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEVIL DOG DAUGHTER! A year ago yesterday we all watched as she received her Eagle Globe and Anchor pin. A year ago today, we watched in pride as our own Devil Dog Daughter graduated from Parris Island.

I haven't heard from #1 son either. If I had to take the kind of classes he's taking at the University, I wouldn't even have time to breath much less call my folks. We did hear that he's going to be living at one of the student apartments next year. Dorm life was a bit cramped for #1 son but I'm glad he had a chance to experience that aspect of college life. I know that I'll never forget my fond memories of dorm life. I'm still best friends with my college roomie and "my sister" who lived down the hall from us. #1 son is still looking for an internship for the summer. I've got my fingers crossed. And there's a prayer on my lips that he survives finals. I hope he realizes how proud we are of him...regardless of the results. Study Hard #1 Son! We love you even if you don't speak English anymore.

Me? I have church tomorrow. I need to find the time to go through this music today. Some of it I've played before but some of it....? I may be going out shopping with Arizona daughter. I need to see if I can find my Packing List and To Do List from last year. I can't believe how fast this winter has gone. I'll be on the road again a month from today.

Murphyism of the Day

Advanced Law of the Search

The first place to look for anything is the last place you would expect to find it.

Old Grey's Corollary for the Advanced Law of the Search

When you look for anything in the last place that you expect to find it...it won't be there. Thereby making the last place you would look for something the first place you would look for something and thereby the law still applies.

No comments: