Monday, April 10, 2006

Sixteen Days Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Parasuit - One of TWO things you should wear if jumping out of perfectly good aeroplanes.

Once again I've been proved psychic. Do you remember when I ordered plants for my Wisconsin garden? I called Burpee's before I placed my order and was assured that my plants would not be sent to Wisconsin until Mid-May. I ordered my plants online and then I sent an email to the customer service to double make sure that my plants would not be delivered to Wisconsin until Mid-May. I received an e-mail from Burpee's Customer Service assuring me that my plants that would be going to Zone 3 would not be sent until Mid-May. Fine. I got an email just now. My Burpee's order has been sent via UPS and will arrive in Wisconsin on April 13th! SCREAM! I called Burpee's but, of course, no-one can help me right now because the customer service people left at 5 PM EST. I was told, "It looks like they shipped your order to Wisconsin but used your billing address for the zone. Arizona." Zone 10? Frustration. The psychic part? I KNEW that someone, somewhere was going to screw up this order. I KNEW IT! Oh well. I've got proof that they messed up, not me, because I've got my order and the customer service rep's email saved. I won't assume that they'll fix this because we all know that any time you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME. I EXPECT that they will fix this because this is a major company and they'd better not run out of my plants. Poor little fledgling plants freezing as they head on their way to a frozen empty address in Wisconsin and there's nothing I can do to stop things.

Murphyism of the Day

Allen's law

Almost anything is easier to get into than to get out of.

No comments: