Sunday, April 16, 2006

Ten Days Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Peepage - 1. The stage little chicks are in before they grow up. 2. Easter Peeps Carnage.

On the 3rd day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

I organized all my loose-leaf recipes into a notebook so they wouldn't flop around so much when I pack them up to go to The Lake. I checked my list again and added a few more things. I can pack my clarinet and music because I won't need them now until I get to The Lake. Packing will commence in earnest tomorrow. How is all this going to fit into the car? I have no idea. Tetris. It's a good thing that I'm a whiz at Tetris.

Happy Easter!

I got up at 4 AM. Sunrise service. I got to the church at 5:15 AM. I was the clarinet part of the flute/organ/clarinet music that greeted the sun as it rose today. We ran through the music once to make sure we worked out all the knots. And we sounded wonderful...of course. I got home before HTP had even thought about breakfast. There were treats at the church but I decided to head on home. I made omelets (egg-white...no cheese) with salsa. Coffee. I think I need more coffee. I'll be putting the ham in the oven at 1 PM. It'll just be HTP and me this year. We decided to forego Easter baskets and Easter candy and Easter eggs. I do plan to make Easter dinner. Ham, grilled pineapple, scalloped potatoes, and broccoli. Unlike the first President Bush, I happen to like broccoli. We'll finish our Easter dinner and then we'll settle in to watch The Sopranos.

Murphyism of the Day

Etorre's Observation

The other line moves faster.

No comments: