Tuesday, April 25, 2006

One Day and a Wake Up Until We Leave Arizona (not including today)

Word of the Day

Pizzagomy - Loyalty to a single chain of pizza restaurants.

On the 12th day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

OK. I have today and tomorrow and then that's it. Time to get crackin' . Old Grey Frog starts humming Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care as she mindlessly starts rocking in a catatonic like state. Any minute now I'll go out and drain and clean that fountain. I did do the inventory of my canned goods this morning. Good thing. I didn't know that I had so many pints of green tomato pickles. I have all kinds of relish too. With only 6 quarts of canned tomatoes left , I'll need to hope my garden produces well enough to have enough to bring back with me next fall. I hope whatever will fit into whatever vehicle we bring back with us next fall.

Sometimes I really prefer not to know stuff. This morning I heard on the news that the mayor of Scottsdale is all upset because someone is opening a new restaurant called The Pink Taco in Scottsdale. She's threatening to deny them a liquor license if they don't change the name of their restaurant. Apparently her female sensibilities are outraged at the name. OK. My initial reaction and thought was, huh? I mean, one of my favorite Thai restaurants is called The Pink Pepper. So? Oh geez! I really didn't want to know what a pink taco was. EWWWW!!!!! I really didn't need to add to my education. When I got married my husband laughed himself silly because I didn't have a clue when people joked about beavers and cherries. He still laughs about it so don't tell him about this one. And now I have to deal with The Pink Taco? I really didn't want to know. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone that I run around in a clueless state and if there's something else I'm clueless about remember that you need to protect the innocence of clueless people like me.

And now, in my ever continuing efforts to educate the masses....

New Element Discovered

The recent hurricanes and gasoline issues are proof of the existence of a new chemical element. A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the heaviest element yet known to science. The new element has been named *Governmentium*.

Governmentium (Gv) has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A minute amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second to take over four days to complete. Governmentium does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration! . This hypothetical quantity is referred to as Critical Morass.

When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium- an element which radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

Murphyism of the Day

Heid's Law of Lines

No matter how early you arrive, someone else got there first.

No comments: