Friday, April 21, 2006

Five Days Until We Leave Arizona (Not including today)

Word of the Day

Phonophatic - A person who keeps chattering on the phone at all hours about useless things.

On the 8th day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

I'm kinda packed. All that can be packed is packed. I still have stuff to do from my To Do List but aside from that I'm done. Kinda. I do need to go out shopping today. And maybe HTP and I will be able to go and have sushi before we leave for The Lake. There aren't any sushi places near The Lake. I refuse to eat raw fish from The Lake. Access to fresh Albacore Tuna (raw)? I don't think so. I can't even get decent fresh shrimp. Anyway, such is life. You can't have everything everywhere. I don't have loons calling over the lake here in Arizona, or bald eagles, or black bears foraging on blueberry hill, or deer wandering across my back yard munching on my azalea or a full moon shining its dancing reflection on the surface of The Lake. However, I can go out and eat sushi tonight...one last time until we get back here in six months. I'll survive. And if I start going into withdrawal, I'll make do with my own homemade sushi made with bluegill caviar and cooked and smoked fish. I can do it. I've always been resourceful.

Details. Details. Stop the paper. Make sure our mail is forwarded. Make sure that the mail doesn't loop around endlessly so you have to call the Post Office at The Lake and make sure that they stop forwarding our mail from there and hold it for us. My health insurance won't talk to HTP so I'm the one who has to authorize our temporary change of billing address. Same goes for HTP's health insurance in reverse. They won't talk to me. DSL has been called. I called the credit card people who keep screwing up. Isn't this fun? It's a good thing we have To Do Lists.

Murphyism of the Day

Flugg's Rule

The slowest checker is always at the quick-checkout lane.

No comments: