Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wake Up! 0 Days Until We Leave Arizona

Two Days and a Wake Up Until We Hit the Road Again

Word of the Day

Pizza Bones - Leftover pizza crusts.

And we're off and driving. We managed to fit everything into the car. Things are tight but I can still barely see out of the rear view mirror. Oh heck! Who needs a rear view mirror anyway, the side mirrors still work. Look out people we're on the road again.

There was no wait at The Dam. We got a bit of close scrutiny at the police checkpoint and at one point I was afraid that we'd end up having to unpack everything but they waved us on through. I guess there aren't too many Old Grey Frog terrorists on the road these days driving red Lincoln Navigators. HTP assures me that the next time we pass through that checkpoint, he's going to wear full terrorist regalia and see if they stop us then.

We stopped at my folks' place in Henderson to unload all our stuff. Well...most of it. Anyway, we didn't think it was too cool to leave our computers and #1 son's bass guitar sitting in the back of our car. There's no point in putting temptation in the way of wavering morals here in Vegas. We also dropped the dogs off at my folks' place. Thankfully, they don't seem to mind looking after our dogs while we spend three days here in Vegas.

Vegas! We're here! I already won! Not much but something. It's a start. HTP and I had supper at Billy Bob's. As we sat at our table waiting for our meal to come, I could hear the song by Leigh Greenwood that they played when my DD Daughter got her Eagle Globe and Anchor pin on the day she became a Marine. They play it in the park during the laser light show several times each night. I love that song.

Anyway, after a wonderful supper, I decided to return to the room. And what should I find? Our hostess left a bottle of champagne chilling in a crystal ice bucket along with two champagne glasses for us. The card she left wished us a Happy Anniversary. Not only did she book us into a suite, she gave us a bottle of champagne to enjoy. I love coming to Sam's Town. Our hostess has always been wonderful to us. I'm going to have to tuck the bottle into the fridge. Our anniversary is on Saturday. We'll have to save it and savor it later.

Murphyism of the Day

Zadra's Law of Biomechanics

The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.

No comments: