Saturday, April 08, 2006

Eighteen Days Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Parannoy - Annoy someone and make them paranoid at the same time.

It's starting to heat up here in Arizona. 83°F and it's only just past noon. It usually doesn't reach the hottest part of the day until 5 PM. Actually, 83°F doesn't feel all that hot. Not like if that was the temperature in Minnesota or Wisconsin. There's a nice cool breeze blowing in the open window by my computer desk. The sweet smell of the citrus blossoms ride that breeze and I can hear the water as it splashes in the fountain. This is my favorite time of year. It won't stay like this. Soon the temperatures will climb to triple digits. Having lived here for over twenty years, I know the realities of living in Arizona. It's time to head north for the summer months. Like a migrating bird. Who'd have ever thought that I'd morph into that species Arizonans, with a decided lack of affection, call The Snowbird. Many of my species have already started their northern flight. Soon, HTP and I will follow.

We're off to see a movie with friends tonight. Lucky Number SLeven. I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. We're going to have dinner at Abuelo's...unless they're over-crowded. They don't take reservations. I hope they have chips and salsa to hold us over while we wait. A margarita or two might be nice too.

Murphyism of the Day

MacPherson's Theory of Entropy

It requires less energy to take an object out of its proper place than to put it back.

No comments: