Saturday, April 22, 2006

Four Days Until We Leave Arizona (Not including today)

Word of the Day

Photochop - To add unrealistic flair to digital imagery using computers.

On the 9th day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

I loaded up all my houseplants and took them over to my friend's house. They were in the process of painting some of their rooms. My houseplants looked right at home. I'm sure they'll enjoy their visit. I reminded my dazed friends that their house would be a lot healthier with my visiting houseplants there to suck up all the bad air and produce wonderful new air. I don't think my friends expected quite so many houseplants but really ten houseplants isn't all that many. Right?

I stopped and bought a new outdoor plant on my way home. Iceplant. The rosemary that my Mom and Dad gave me didn't survive. So, when I got home, I disposed of its remains and planted iceplant in its place. Actually, it really isn't a true iceplant. It's Drosanthemum floribundum. A succulent. It loves the desert heat. I had the same stuff at our other homes and my folks even planted some cuttings from mine at their place in Kingman. It really is beautiful stuff. Unfortunately, every few years you have to rip it out and start again because it gets woody. Anyway, it only cost me $3 so if I have to rip it out in a few years, I'll rip it out.

Arizona Daughter and her husband are coming for supper tonight. Should I serve a dessert? Maybe I should just go and get some ice cream. Ice cream. Ice cream. I don't want to heat up the house anymore than I have to. It's 94°F and it's only 1 PM.

Murphyism of the Day

Vile's Law of Advanced Linesmanship - Part I

1. If you're running for a short line, it suddenly becomes a long line.

2. When you're waiting in a long line, the people behind you are shunted to a new, short line.

No comments: