Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Today and a Wake Up Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Pizzagony - Biting into hot pizza and burning the roof of your mouth.

On the last day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

I still can't finish packing completely today. You know the drill. I'll toss the stuff the last minute stuff into my small suitcase tomorrow morning before we head out the door. In the meantime, today is laundry day. There are exceptions to almost every rule. My Tuesday = Laundry rule has exceptions too. To maximize our clothing choices this summer and on our trip, I bent the Laundry Rule. I imagine I'll have to bend the rule again once we get to The Lake. I'll probably spend on of the weekend days washing clothes....if I can get some Yellow Out. The water at The Lake comes out a bit brown from the our taps for that first while at The Lake. It looks a bit rusty. Yellow Out makes the white look white as vs. not using Yellow Out and the resultant whites look like you soaked them in coffee. Not a good look.

HTP is going to pack up the computers today. He is going to set up the laptop for me so I won't go into a complete blithering withdrawal. But, I thought I'd quickly blog on my main computer so I wouldn't have to mess with the laptop keyboard. Why do they make that keyboard black. I suppose it's supposed to look classy but it's hard to see the keys, not that I actually look at the keys when I type...well sometimes and then when I have to look it's like searching in the dark for your glasses when it comes to finding this or that illusive symbol. I'm not fond of the feel of the laptop keyboard either. It just doesn't feel right. Oh well, we do have another keyboard that we can plug into the laptop. Maybe HTP will do that for me.

I used up the last of the coffee this morning. I'll use up our last egg when I make breakfast. Most of the stuff that can't stay over the summer has been cleared out of the fridge. I'll be spending whatever time that I'm not doing laundry, cleaning the fridge and pantry. It's not too pleasant to come back to the odor of a rotten potato that escaped in the pantry....or a forest of sprouting onions. I know. It's happened to me. Once. Never again.

Needless to say, tomorrow and while we're on the road, I may or may not be able to blog. Don't worry about me if you note that I haven't blogged in days and days. We'll have our laptop. But... Enough said.

Murphyism of the Day

Luposchainsky's Hurry-Up-and Wait Principle

If you're early, it'll be canceled.
If you knock yourself out to be on time, you will have to wait.
If you're late, you will be too late.

No comments: