Thursday, April 20, 2006

Six Days Until We Leave Arizona (Not including today)

Word of the Day

Pestariffic - A particularly pesty person.

On the 7th day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

I finally put away the Christmas tins. They were really getting on my nerves. I suppose I should have put them away before this but there was always something more important to do. It was low on my priority list. Besides, in order to put them away, I had to drag out the ladder because the place where I keep them stored is a cupboard in the garage that I can't reach without a ladder. And I'm not all that short at 5'6". Anyway, it seemed like a good day to put away the Christmas tins because I needed the ladder to retrieve the dehydrator trays that were stored in a cupboard that I couldn't reach without a ladder. I've got a lot of cupboards out in the garage that I can't reach without a ladder. I had to move the car in order to get to the cupboard with the dehydrator trays. Anyway, I figured that as long as I'd moved the car and dragged out the ladder in order to get out the dehydrator trays that I want to bring to The Lake, I might as well put the Christmas tins away too....and the cookie presses that #1 son got me for Christmas that have been sitting in the kitchen since....Christmas. Check back in late November and I'll tell you all about how I'll be reversing this storage process. That which has to be stored away now will be needed then. I'm beginning to sound like HTP when we first got married. He never could figure out why a person needed to make the bed each morning because you'd just have to unmake it again that night in order to sleep in it. I'm not that bad. Really. Or do you think I've been influenced by all the years I've been married to HTP? Or maybe I'm just getting older but the bed still gets made every single morning. I just can't sleep in a bed that hasn't been made with wrinkled sheets. EWWWW!!!!

On a side note: I wonder if I should decorate the house for Halloween before we leave so when we get back I won't have to think about it and then decide not to because I'm too tired from our cross-country trek from Wisconsin to Arizona? Maybe not. I put away the ladder.

Murphyism of the Day

Langer's Law

If the line moves quickly, you're in the wrong line.

No comments: