Monday, April 17, 2006

Nine Days Until We Leave Arizona

Word of the Day

Peetipated - When you think you have to go and you actually can't.

On the 4th day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

I packed up one box of stuff to go to The Lake. Stuff that I don't think I'll need until I get to The Lake. I hope. Recipe books, recipe file box, jam jars, lids and rings, clarinet music. The box is full. I'd tape it shut but there's no guarantee that I won't all of a sudden need something buried in that box between now and the day we leave. So...I'll wait and tape it up just before we stow it into the car. It's a Murphy's Law thing or, if you like, an Old Grey Frog Law. I've got another box started that has empty pint jars in it but that may have to stay here if we run out of space. I was going to go shopping for some summer clothes (skorts?) but I've changed my mind. We're down to single-digit days remaining here in Arizona. When we get to Wisconsin, I expect that it'll be COLD still. Even though it's 86°F right now in Arizona, I think I can survive nine days of our Arizona heat with the summer clothes I have and wait to buy whatever new summer stuff I need when I get to Wisconsin.

Murphyism of the Day

O'Brien's Variation on Etorre's Observation

If you change lines, the one you just left will start to move faster than the one you are now in.

Kenton's Corollary

Switching back screws up both lines and makes everybody angry.

No comments: