Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Seven Days Until We Leave Arizona (Not including today)

Word of the Day

Perfectional - Perfect and professional.

On the 6th day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

Packing. We've only got a week left? I've got to clean out the fridge. I've got twenty-two eggs left. You'd think that would be plenty but you don't understand our diet. I use six eggs each morning. Just the whites. I refuse to buy more so they'll have to last. I'll make French toast. I do need to buy more bread. I'm down to enough to make lunch today.

I've done all the packing that I can do for right now. I've still got stuff to pack but there's really no point in packing everything because I'd just have to drag something out again when I needed to use it. Instead, I'm checking my lists...repeatedly. And I need to find those dehydrator trays that I want to bring to The Lake. They're in the garage in a cupboard blocked by the car. I'll have to move the car. Later.

The neighbor across the street left for parts north this morning. The snowbirds are migrating. I saw them packing up their car for the trip yesterday but I didn't bother them. I did go over there yesterday for a while when the neighbors started to gather. I'm not really nosey but we all kind of gathered in his driveway. That's what you do out here. That's a nice thing. And another neighbor and I discussed the fact that her computer crashed and she's going nuts. I can fully understand the pain. She needs to replace some of her trees too so I loaned her my landscaping book and gave her a couple of suggestions.

And the fire trucks came and then the rescue squad and then the ambulance...but not for us. HTP and I are just fine. That's the one thing that's hard about living in an active adult community. You see a lot of this sort of thing. I'm not sure what happened yet. They stopped at the house that's three houses down from us. Shirley's husband. I'm sure I'll hear more later today.

Murphyism of the Day

The Linear Accelerator Principle

The shorter the line, the slower it moves.

No comments: