Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Eight Days Until We Leave Arizona (Not including today)

Word of the Day

Penatic - A pen fanatic.

On the 5th day of getting ready to go to The Lake...

Laundry. Only one more laundry day before we leave for The Lake. I dragged the big suitcase out of the closet. And I dragged the small suitcase from the closet. I know. It's early days yet but I need to see how much I can cram into the suitcases because everything else has to go somewhere else. I want to limit the extra stuff that needs to find a spot in the car. I THINK I can close up the big suitcase without splitting the zipper. I think I can. I haven't quite finished putting everything into it as yet. I'm pretty sure that the stuff I'm putting into the big suitcase is the stuff that I won't need until we get to The Lake. As for the little suitcase, the suitcase that will have all the stuff I need during our trip, I'm only packing the stuff that I won't need until that first night in Vegas in it. It's way too early to pack all the stuff I'll need in it because I still need it. But, I now have an idea of how much space I'll have. HTP has his own suitcases for the trip. So, we'll have four suitcases altogether. He'll pack his own stuff. He has his own list. Will this all fit into the car? I have no idea.

Two tons of gravel coming right up. When we had the trees replaced, we lost some of the gravel in our backyard so I had to find someone to bring us some and spread it. I suppose HTP and I could have done the job, somehow. We got rid of our wheelbarrel but we're resourceful. The thing is, it's so close to the time when we're heading out the door here and I don't want HTP to throw out his back. Driving cross-country with someone who has a bad back isn't all that fun. So, we're getting it done. Today. Right now.

Murphyism of the Day

The Queue Principle

The longer you wait in line, the greater the likelihood that you are standing in the wrong line.

No comments: