Thursday, June 02, 2005

Word of the Day

Canimal: Usually found in a zoo. The animal that looks like a Camel, but isn't.

The heat is starting to finally arrive here in northern Wisconsin. I noted that the temperature on my deck reached 88°F this afternoon. HTP and I had to turn the air-conditioning on in the car on our way to the city. We needed groceries.

Our new mattress is supposed to be coming some time tomorrow. We think. They need to acquire a different delivery truck. How they thought they were going to toodle down our gravel driveway with a huge moving van, I have no idea. It's one thing to drive down here to our house in such a vehicle, it's another thing to figure out how to turn around and try tomaneuverr it back up the hill. Anyway, we explained this to the person on the phone this morning and, as I said, they're looking for another (smaller) truck. Will our mattress come tomorrow? Will it fit? Stay tuned for the continuing saga of The Mattress.

My raspberry plants came today. I planted them. Now I just have to hope that the deer don't get them over the winter. My Mom and Dad told me that they should be fairly safe this summer but all bets are off when the winter snows blow and the deer decide toforagee. I'll figure something out. I love raspberries and they're really expensive in the store.

Murphyism of the Day

Alice Hammond's Laws of the Kitchen

1. Souffles rise and cream whips only for the family and for guests you didn't really want to invite anyway.

2. The rotten egg will be the one you break into the cake batter.

3. Any cooking utensil placed in the dishwasher will be needed immediately thereafter for something else; any measuring utensil used for liquid ingredients will be needed immediately for dry ingredients.

4. Time spent consuming a meal is in inverse proportion to time spent preparing it.

5. Whatever it is,somebodyy will have had it for lunch.

No comments: