Friday, June 17, 2005

Word of the Day

Contra diction: Banana republic tribal linguistics.

Wow! Two beautiful days in a row! I went hiking out to the swamp with my sister this morning. We were in search of the elusive watercress that grows there. It tends to grow in the most dangerous areas that are hardest to get to without falling into chest high muck. We returned with four bags of the stuff (ziploc bags...we didn't denude the entire property of watercress). Now, all I have to do is wash the stuff and fix up a nice salad for tonight...and maybe tomorrow. I've got plenty for at least a few salads.

My sister gave me some venison. Woohoo! I'm going to save it for later in the summer. I could serve it tomorrow but I'm not sure if my friend and her husband would be willing to try it. I'm going to make bratwurst on the grill instead. I made potato salad to go with it. I want to make cole slaw too but I ran out of salad dressing. Back to the store I go.

#1 son is cleaning the downstairs. He's giving up his bed this weekend for the daughter of a friend. It's done it before. Too bad he has to work tonight though. I think he has to work tomorrow night and Sunday night too. Oh well, he'll be able to spend some time with her. Tomorrow night we'll take her and my other friends on a boat ride...if it stays nice.

Murphyism of the Day

Kitman's Law

Pure drivel tends to drive ordinary drivel off the TV screen.

No comments: