Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Word of the Day

Coinflict: Disagreement over money.

We started off the morning with rain but it's cleared off. I went out and separated some of my dwarf daylilies. OK. I separated two bunches of my daylilies. Unfortunately, I have lots more to do but it's a start. I want to get them all thinned out before we spread the next batch of bark mulch. HTP wants to order 12 cu. yards of the stuff. We already spread 2 cu. yards and I thought I was going to drop. Now I have to spread 6 times that amount?

HTP went off to sign the contract with an excavator so we can get our driveway fixed. They told us they'd start work on Thursday. I keep you posted. I'm not holding my breath.

Mattress Update. I got a call from the mattress lady and was told that our new mattress would be delivered on Monday. They'd had to truck it down to Chippewa Falls to another trucking company with smaller trucks and he can't get out here until Monday. Stay tuned. Again, I'll keep you posted.

Our weather alarm went off. We're under a tornado watch until...whenever. We get a lot of watches and warnings out here at The Lake. It's a watch...not a warning. Warnings are worse then watches. Warnings send me to the computer to check the radar picture. A tornado warning might send me to the basement with a radio but I grew up out here. We've been known to sit out on the deck and watch until a cow flies by or at least a tree or bush or a lawn chair. Well...it looks like there's a tornado warning now but not for us. Time to check the radar....and reserve my seat on the observation deck.

Murphyism of the Day

Yeager's Law on Washing Machine Repairs

1. All breakdowns occur on the repairman's day off.

2. Cost of repair can be determined by multiplying the cost of your new coat by $1.75, or by multiplying the cost of a new washer by 75 cents.

No comments: