Friday, June 10, 2005

Word of the Day

Comnotized: When your computer hypnotizes you and you can't leave the computer.

It's Friday so it's already rained this morning. The sky is blue right now but it's supposed to rain again today...on and off. Over the years, I've noticed that most of our rain here in Wisconsin tends to fall on weekends. We get rain during the week too but we usually get rain on weekends. You can almost depend upon it. That's why I shook my head at my daughter's determination to have an outdoor ceremony for her wedding...on a weekend. I suppose I could provide umbrellas or even a tent but...Oh well...I don't need to worry about that for a while. Not this summer anyway. Maybe next year. I'm going to try and talk her into a winter Las Vegas wedding like we had for our other daughter. Actually, they plan to get married this summer in a civil ceremony so next summer or winter would be a re-marriage or a renewal of their vows.

Speaking of my Devil Dog Daughter, she should be hiking back to Camp Geiger today. Maybe we'll hear from her today. Chances are that she'll call her fiancee if she can actually get to use her cellphone but they've been pretty strict when it comes to cellphone usage while at MCT. If we do get a phone call it probably won't be until Saturday or Sunday.

Mattress Update? Our new mattress was very comfortable last night. I think we'll keep it. They still owe us a mattress frame (which we don't need but it's the principle of the thing).

Murphyism of the Day

Skoff's Law

A child will not spill on a dirty floor.

No comments: