Saturday, June 18, 2005

Word of the Day

Catposting: A cat's contribution to composting when it does its duty in your garden.

I saw a black cat when I drove down our driveway yesterday on the way back from my sister's place. It crossed the driveway in front of me. I paused in my thoughts only briefly, wondering which neighbor may have a black cat. Then...later when I drove down the driveway again, returning from the post office in town, a huge owl flew across the driveway in front of me. Now, I ponder. What the heck? Are these omens? Is someone trying to warn me about something? Should I worry?

We had pork chops on the grill last night and an nice watercress salad with raspberry vinaigrette. It worked out perfectly. My friend's daughter arrived just in time for supper. I'm making rhubarb pie right now. We're expecting more guests to arrive tonight. I'm planning on making bratwurst for dinner. I already made my potato salad. I thought I'd blog before I get too busy. It looks like we're going to have another really beautiful day.

Devil Dog Daughter Update. It looks like my daughter might be getting married on July 2nd in Omaha. This all depends upon whether her out-of-bounds leave request is granted. Unfortunately, this is also the very day that #1 son's friend from Arizona is flying into Minnesota. This could be "interesting". Maybe the owl is trying to tell me something.

Murphyism of the Day

Turner's Definition

A satellite dish means getting a hundred and fifty channel of nothing to watch.

No comments: