Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Word of the Day

Curryiculum: Indian cooking course.

I'm home! Woohoo! It's great to be back at The Lake. Dad was released from the hospital in Rochester this morning. He was told that he needs to return in about six weeks for a followup but he was happy that he was getting to come home. I loaded all our stuff into the car and picked him and Mom up at the hospital regulated pickup area.

As we drove along on our way back to The Lake, I noticed that my Dad was having a bit of trouble with his seat belt. Word to the wise. After surgery where you are cut from guggle to zatch, the shoulder harness of the seat belt is a thing of torture. I know it isn't the most safe option but, I told him to tuck the thing behind him. He was a lot more comfortable after that. He was still strapped in but we more or less disabled the shoulder harness.

We made a few stops along the way for Dad to walk around, as directed. We even went shopping and had a bite to eat. Dad stated that the food at Culver's was a great improvement on the hospital food. I noted that he didn't seem to have too much trouble finishing up his Chocolate Volcano frozen custard.

We got back to The Lake at around 2:30 PM. After getting Mom and Dad all settled, #1 son picked me up and I got myself all settled. I'm unpacked. I'll have to do laundry tomorrow, however, I've got a hair appointment tomorrow. HTP is going into the city with me to get his hair cut. He'll be done a lot sooner then me. I'm getting my hair dyed and cut. He'll just have to wait around and twiddle his thumbs.

My garden has grown. It's grown a lot in the five days that I've been gone. I actually have ripe tomatoes on a couple of my plants. I've got tiny green peppers on some of my plants. My zucchini are blossoming like mad. I have to go out and pick the lettuce. Needless to say, I'm in shock. I'm amazed. Last year the weather just wasn't right for gardening. This year has been perfect so far. We're getting just the right amount of rain and just the right amount of sun. I must say that it is rather warm. Hot and humid even. But no complaints from me. Whatever makes the garden happy.

Murphyism of the Day

The Pineapple Principle

The best parts of anything are always impossible to remove from the worst parts.

No comments: