Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Word of the Day

Castronaut: A person who escapes Cuba by sea.

Please note that I'm still alive. The fairy ring mushrooms were wonderful. No-one reported any Yellow Submarine type experiences. Not even an odd dream. Oh well...

HTP and I went out to look at the stones that will be used to line ditches on either side of our driveway. They're big pink rocks. Not exactly what I had in mind but they'll do. We also stopped and picked up three huge bags of bark mulch. I told you I needed more. After that, we drove into the city to pick up groceries, etc. We're expecting company this weekend and I need to make sure I have real food, not just diet food. They're only going to be here for one meal...maybe two but I'm going to be gone next week so HTP and #1 son need food while I'm away.

I got a call from my Devil Dog Daughter's fiancee this morning. He told me that our daughter arrived safe and sound in Pensacola. She was the only girl on the charter busload of Marines. Her first impressions of Pensacola were favorable.

Murphyism of the Day

Malone's Law of the Household

If you wait all day for the repairman, you'll wait all day. If you go out for five minutes, he'll arrive and leave while you're gone.

No comments: