Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Word of the Day

Casperising: When some one leaves unexpectedly often; practically disappearing.

Laundry day and my dryer is working like new. Woohoo! Thank you HTP! It sure cuts down the time waiting for those loads to dry.

Devil Dog Daughter Update. My daughter graduated from MCT (Marine Combat Training) and is on her way to Pensacola for Aviation Ordnance School. After that I think she'll be sent to another school to study the type of aircraft that she'll be loading and arming that ordnance into. I think. I'm sure we'll know what's going on as soon as she knows and gets around to telling us.

I picked the rhubarb this morning. I chopped it all up and froze three batches of it. Then I made pies from two more batches of it. One of the pies is made with Maltitol instead of sugar. We'll see. There was a Best Pie Crust recipe on the net, so I actually made homemade pie crust. Sigh. I let the pie crust get too dark in the oven but I think it'll still taste OK. I hope it's as flaky as the recipe promised. Note to self. Buy more cinnamon. If I want to make more rhubarb pies, I'll need more cinnamon. I used the last of mine (only 1/2 tsp. left in the container) and I scrounged up some cinnamon sugar that I used in the other pie.

There are several fairy rings growing in my lawn. Fairy rings are rings of mushrooms. Apparently the mushrooms that grow, forming a fairy ring, are edible. I harvested some and plan to cook them up to go with supper tonight. If you don't find a blog tomorrow, I've ingested poisonous mushrooms. Of course, they may just give me a psychedelic experience. That might be fun.

Murphyism of the Day

Marquette's Third Law of Home Repair

A lost tool will be found immediately upon purchasing a new one.

No comments: