Sunday, June 19, 2005

Word of the Day

Catstacle: The obstacle created by cats swarming around your legs when you walk.

Happy Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to all you Father's out there! I hope you all have a great day!

My friends from Colorado left early this morning to go to visit parental units in northern Minnesota. It was wonderful to see them even if it was for such a short time. HTP got to show off his editing skills. He's been working on editing the videos we took of our Devil Dog Daughter's graduation from boot camp. He's still working on it but he got to show off what he's done so far.

Our boat motor refuses to work. Sigh. Maybe that black cat and owl were omens. Anyway, although we would have loved to give everyone a boat ride while they were here, we couldn't. We had to stay on terra firma. But that's OK. Terra firma here at The Lake is still a wonder to behold.

After my friends left, we all piled into the car and descended on The BlueHills Inn for Father's Day brunch. There were twelve of us. The food was wonderful...as usual. I ate too much...as usual. It was great to have so many of the family together. My brother and his whole family were there. I haven't seen them in ages. I got to see my brother and each of his kids last summer but I haven't seen my good friend, his wife for a couple of years. For those who aren't in the know, my brother's wife was my friend long before my brother starting dating and eventually married her. Anyway, my sister and her husband was there. My folks were there. HTP, #1 son, and my "sister's" daughter were there. She's not really my sister but we're such good friends that everyone thinks we're sisters. I was there...obviously. I took all kinds of pictures with the digital camera. I hope some turn out. I wish my other kids had been able to be there but such is life. When the kids fly out of the nest, it's not always easy to get together. Devil Dog Daughter is in Pensacola hoping for a long distance leave. My daughter the chef and her husband are living and working and working and working and working and sometimes sleeping but usually working, in Arizona. It's hard to get everyone all together at times. Maybe next summer.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Rochester with my folks so I'll be gone for a week. I'll try to blog but if you don't see a blog, don't be surprised. I'm going to have to make do with dial-up for a while. But... I'll try.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Reruns

If you have watched a TV series only once, and you watch it again, it will be a rerun of the same episode.

No comments: