Monday, June 13, 2005

Word of the Day

Carscicle: 1. Hard and dirty ice formed in wheel wells of your car while driving in snow. 2. Car that has fallen through the ice, having been parked in the middle of the lake during the winter months while it's owner is ice-fishing.

It's my not-so-old former college room-mate's birthday today! Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Gal, Happy Birthday to You! She probably won't ever read this but what the heck! I actually sent her a card. Also, she and her hubby are coming for a visit this weekend so I'll have to back a cake.

HTP fixed my dryer vent so I can do laundry tomorrow. Darn it!

It's raining...again. Aside from that? I went into the city with my folks. We had lunch at Culver's. I had a wonderful salad and a serving of their Oreo-Oreo Chocolate Custard. The flavor of the day. MMMMM. It's a typical day in our neighborhood here in the great northern climes of Wisconsin.

In other news...I got back from the city just in time to hear the media convict Michael Jackson as the media has been doing since the start of all this before the jury came in with the verdict that actually counts. Moments later the verdict of Not Guilty on every one of ten counts was read. The media will feed off this for months to come as they've been feeding on the case since it was brought down. What went wrong? They were so sure he was guilty. I guess the jurors didn't agree with them.

Murphyism of the Day

Marquette's First Law of Home Repair

The tool you need is just out of reach.

Marquette's Second Law of Home Repair

The replacement part you buy will be the wrong size.

No comments: