Saturday, June 11, 2005

Word of the Day

Compewter: A PC that's gone to pot, kaput.

We have 3 cubic yards of bark mulch waiting in the driveway to be spread. I suspect the only reason that it isn't raining right now is because I don't feel like spreading it. I received a late shipment of garden bulbs and roots that I needed to quickly get into the ground before the bulk mulch was spread. I did that this morning. I planted six Balloon Flower roots (they look like white radishes) and marked them with blue flags so we don't bury them under the mulch. I planted six Mediterranean Pink roots and marked them with blue flags so they don't get buried under the mulch. Both of these were supposed to be planted with their crowns flush with the ground. I don't know what would happen if I buried them. I planted twenty hardy perennial lilies that I hope are as hardy as advertised. These I didn't mark because I think they'll just push their way through the mulch when they sprout. I also planted 18 winter hardy gladiola that I also hope are as hardy as advertised. I didn't mark them either. Anyway, after all this desperate planting, I don't have any more energy. I hope HTP has a similar lack of energy since I'd rather tackle the bark mulch spreading tomorrow.

HTP has been spending the morning working on my dryer vent. He went into the city yesterday to buy supplies for the project. He's been to the hardware store in town twice today already. I hate to even ask how things are going. On the plus side, I don't think he'll feel like spreading bark mulch.

Murphyism of the Day

H. Fish's Laws of Animal Behavior

1. The probability of a cat eating dinner has absolutely nothing to do with the price of the food placed before it.

2. The probability that a household pet will raise a fuss to go in or out is directly proportional to the number and importance of your dinner guests.

No comments: