Thursday, June 23, 2005

Word of the Day

Chubbify: To eat something really decadent, knowing that it will make you gain weight.

I'm just going to start this blog so check back tonight for Rochester Updates. When you see a Murphyism, you'll know that I'm signing off for the night. At least I'll try to finish up tonight after we're all settled into our hotel in Rochester.

HTP will be staying here at The Lake with #1 son. I can already see that they fully intend to throw dietary rules out the window while I'm gone. I, on the other hand, plan to try my darnedest to maintain a healthy diet. Please note that I also will attempt to avoid breaking my arm whilst patting myself on the back. I'm sure temptation will rear it's nasty head but at least I have good intentions. HTP and #1 son look like they're going to go out of their way to break the rules. Woohoo! The Diet Gestapo is leaving! Oh well...it's only a week. How much trouble can two male homo sapiens get into in one week? Don't answer that.

I hooked up my garden sprinkler and have it running right now for a half hour. Although it looks like we may get the occasional rain, I doubt it'll be enough to keep up with my vegetable garden's needs. The forecast is for hot and humid temperatures for at least a week, maybe longer. It is summer so I guess we shouldn't complain. I'm hoping for a bumper crop of tomatoes this year. I also told HTP that he would have to water the plants on the deck EVERY day. He wasn't pleased when he figured out how long he'd have to spend watering those plants. I think he's in the process of using his engineering mind to figure out how to rig up a seasonal drip system for the deck. Fine by me. Just so my plants get watered while I'm gone.

Rochester Update

We arrived safely in Rochester and checked in to our modern, air-conditioned, high-speed internet hotel. We had supper at The Rainbow Cafe. Hamburgers were the special of the day so that was the food of the night. A beverage was part of the special. I asked for iced tea. They ran out of it but they told me that I could have almost a full selection of soda pop. I didn't want soda pop. I asked them if they had hot tea. They did. Fine. I asked the waitress for hot tea (she brought me a tea bag and a tall glass of hot water) and a large glass of ice. I made my own iced tea. The waitress was impressed. Imagine that. People can actually make their own iced tea. From scratch.

My Dad has to report to admissions at 5:45 AM. I guess we'll be getting an early start tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Kovac's Conundrum

When you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal.

No comments: