Monday, June 27, 2005

Word of the Day

Cowculate: How to count cattle.

One more day here in Rochester. All's well here. My Dad is doing just fine. The Doctor came to visit on his morning rounds and gave Dad the option to either check out today or tomorrow. Mom and Dad decided on tomorrow. So, here you find me still in Rochester. I'll be driving Dad home to The Lake tomorrow.

Most of my time now is spent, visiting Dad, working on the puzzle in The Family Waiting Room, sitting in the hotel room with the laptop, and dragging my Mom out to get a bite to eat. I don't think I can stand the thought of eating another meal at the Visitor's Cafeteria. Besides, it's more expensive than the other restaurants that are located really close to the hospital.

And then I walked into a flooded bathroom. Sigh. Apparently, someone had managed to break the toilet in the room above ours (I wonder if it was the dance team or the baseball team?) and no-one thought about checking to see if any damage was being done to my room. Good thing I was here in the room or we'd have a real mess on our hands. Thankfully the maintanance crew (OK...it wasn't a whole crew, it was only one poor smuck) came right out and fixed the problem. But now I have to stay here until he's all done with whatever he thinks has to be done because I don't want people walking in and out of the room while I'm over at the hospital.

OK. So we've had Fire yesterday. Or at least the smoke alarms all went off when someone made a burnt offering of his morning toast. And then today we had The Flood when the hotel room above us had that overflow problem. I'm hoping that we check out tomorrow before we encounter Pestulance.

Dad is all settled in again for the night. Mom is again spending the night on the cot in his room. He's doing fine but they (Mom and Dad) thought it would be better if both of them were there to talk to the Doctor on his morning rounds before he's released tomorrow. From what I gather, the process starts at around 10 AM and I have no idea how long it'll take. I'll load up the car after breakfast and we'll check out of the hotel at that time. I can always come back and pick up the car after I know they're heading down to the front entrance of the hospital with Dad and all his belongings.

I'm looking forward to getting home tomorrow even if I do end up having to do the laundry when I get back. I haven't even seen our new driveway yet...except in the photo's that HTP sent in his e-mails.

Murphyism of the Day

Relativity for Children

Time moves slower in a fast-moving vehicle.

No comments: