Thursday, June 09, 2005

Word of the Day

Carevoydant: Someone who cares about the future but tries not to think about it.

Bark mulch! We've been spreading bark mulch until I wore a hole in my work gloves. Today we finished spreading another 10 sq. yards of the stuff. We need to have someone deliver another 3-4 square yards yet and then I think (maybe) we'll be done with this "little" project. Groan! I'll be feeling this for a while. Moan! And you know what? I bet I haven't lost a pound. No fair! And don't give me that crap about muscles weighing more than fat because I've been using that one for years but it doesn't make me feel better. It does make me feel better to see how nice the yard looks.

Mattress Update! The mattress came, the mattress came! And it fit into the sleigh bed despite HTP's fears. Woohoo! We'll sleep well tonight. Out with the old hard mattress and in with the new soft (but supportive) mattress. HTP and I were going donate the old mattress but I let the delivery guys haul it off instead. One of them mentioned that he needed a mattress when I mentioned that we were going to donate it. Serendipity. Now HTP and I don't have to load that huge mattress into the SUV and haul it into the city to the thrift store. We do have to look for a couple of stepping stools. This new mattress is taller then our last one. A shopping I shall go, a shopping I shall go... See the mighty huntress on the trail of a pair of elusive stepping stools.

We've got dragonflies buzzing the house and the yard. I think this may be why the mosquitoes haven't been too bad yet despite all the rain we've been getting. It truly is amazing to see the variety and amount of dragonflies I'm seeing. Even more than there were last year. I think they like my rocked terraces. The chipmunks like them too.

So...Grey Frog, Grey Frog, how does your garden grow? It's doing very well. My plants didn't take too much of a beating the other morning when we got nickel-size hail. Almost all the vegetable seeds that I planted have sprouted. If all goes well, I'll have enough vegetables to do some home canning.

Murphyism of the Day

Clive's Law

If it's clean, it isn't laundry.

No comments: