Monday, March 29, 2004

33 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

4 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

Our first walk through was completed. To give them credit, someone had come in and cleaned up the mess throughout the house. They actually made me throw a tantrum about the excessive variation in color for the cabinets. They were remarked and re-marked. I'm not holding out too much hope for a fix. I was patted on the head and told that I should expect some variation in graining and color. I hate it when they do that. It's not like I haven't seen decent oak cabinets before. It's not that I'm not paying an upgraded fee for these cabinets. I do not want calico cabinets. I want oak cabinets. I really don't think it's too much to expect that all the oak in the kitchen be stained the same color. Right now they'v got red, blond, dark and medium all combined in just one door panel. It wouldn't be so bad but the blond sticks out like a sore bleached thumb next to the dark which abutts it. I was told that they plan to have the cabinet people come in and take a look. They already did that! The cabinets were marked! They removed the marks! I want the cabinets fixed! Closing is still scheduled for April 2nd. I'm supposed to be understanding if they don't get to all the fixes before we close.

On a positive note, my window coverings arrived today. It looks like the right stuff was sent. I checked. HTP and son will have to get busy installing said window coverings as soon as the painting is done.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Wisdom from the Buddha

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their minds and then believe them to be true."

"It is a man's mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."

No comments: