Saturday, March 20, 2004

42 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

13 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

SPRONGGGG!!!!!! That's the sound of me losing my mind but more important it is also that of : "Spring has sprung! The grass' riz! I wonder where the flowers is?" Actually, that little poem doesn't really apply out here where I live in Arizona. I have flowers blooming all winter long and since I overseeded my lawn with winter grass, I had grass all winter long too. It's that thought that counts. I wonder if the grass has riz in Wisconsin yet? I wonder if the snow has all melted even? Oh well. There's time.

I notice that I always seem to be counting down to some event in my life. Right now I have less then two weeks before I can start moving stuff in to my new home. Thankfully, I have a bit more time then that before I have to vacate this house. After that I'll start counting down the time until my son graduates from high school. And then there's the time until we return to Wisconsin for the summer months. It just goes to show that life keeps moving on and on. Time keeps flowing. If I didn't have anything to count down to I'm not sure if I'd really be living anymore. I hope that never happens. One should always have something in their life for which they can countdown to.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

What Happened in 1985?

New Coke flopped; Coca-Cola reintroduced "classic" Coke.

Reagan met Gorbachev in the first U.S./Soviet summit.

Pete Rose broke Ty Cobb's record of 4,191 base hits.

Live Aid concert was held in New York and London simultaneously.

The #1 movie was Back to the Future.

The Calvin and Hobbes comic stip premiered.

A Yugo cost $3,990.

No comments: