Friday, March 12, 2004

50 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

21 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

No time to blog right now. Check back later. While you're waiting, I'll try to think up something interesting to write. Oh...and better dig out your fly-swatters because the Cicadas Are Coming or maybe you should just go out and buy a new pair of earplugs.

On further consideration I can't think of anything interesting other then this little piece about the Attack Sea Lion that I just read. After that I can't see how you'd be interested in knowing that I picked out the window coverings for my new house and that I'm going to be spending the weekend trying to find the lowest possible price quote for said window coverings.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

I was horrified to find out that John James Audobon, 19th-century naturalist and pioneer of American wildlife conservation, found the birds that he wanted to paint and then shot them. In addition to painting, he was an avid hunter. According to David Wallechinsky in Significa, "He achieved unequaled realism by using freshly killed models held in lifelike poses by wires. Sometimes he shot dozens of birds just to complete a single picture."

No comments: