Thursday, March 25, 2004

37 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

8 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

You know it's spring when you start receiving gardening magazines in the mail. I'm trying not to read them because I really can't do anything about them right now. I have to focus on the important issues right now. It's a real strain because there are some really neat things in gardening magazines. I must focus. I'm moving from a house that is over 3000 sq. ft. to a house that is less then 2000 sq. ft. I need to get rid of stuff. I need to get rid of 1000 sq. ft. of stuff. Some of the stuff will be brought to Wisconsin with us when we return there this summer but that only accounts for less then half of the stuff because it just isn't possible to bring it all to Wisconsin (I wish I could bring it all there). I got rid of lots of stuff when we moved the last time (four years ago) and I can do it again. I hate getting rid of stuff. I have to be strong. I have to be ruthless. I have to find a home for my extra patio furniture. I really need to have a garage sale. Too bad garage sales aren't allowed in my neighborhood. To bad they aren't allowed in our new neighborhood either. I suppose that's why you can find such neat stuff at thrift stores. I can't go shopping at thrift stores right now either. It's so hard to get rid of stuff when you're a hoarder.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

"In April 2001, police in Vancouver, British Columbia, ended a three-year crime spree when they arrested 64-year-old, Eugene Mah and his 32-year-old son, Avery. The Mahs had been stealing assorted lawn and garden items from homes in their neighborhood, including garbage cans, lawn decorations, recycling boxes, and realty signs. Why did they steal them? Nobody knows. Eugene Mah is a real estate tycoon worth a reported $13 million. One local psychiatrist said the thefts may be due to an obsessive compulsive hoarding disorder. They reportedly stole a neighbor's doormat...and each of the 14 other doormats the neighbor bought as replacements." - Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader.

No comments: