Monday, March 08, 2004

54 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

25 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

I enjoy my morning coffee while watching the various news stations on television. This morning a modicum of attention was spent on Iraq's new constitution...a tiny modicum. I wish they'd showed the same amount of restraint when it came to Martha Stewart. They've been going on and on and on like the energizer bunny ever since the verdict was read. They've dissected the whole issue until I finally had to run from the room and write my blog. Who cares? The only person or people who should care are Martha Stewart, her family and friends, the people employed by her company, and her shareholders. I have nothing against Martha. However, I now know far more about her then I'd ever care to know about someone that I don't know personally. I like the way she folds her towels, I think she's a bit anal about certain things, and I'll never understand why someone would only bake one dozen cookies, but aside from the fact that I wouldn't ever aspire to remake myself in her image, I really don't care to hear anymore Breaking News about Martha. Enough already. Tell me again how Bush is stonewalling the 9/11 investigation. Tell me again how upset 9/11 widows are with the new Bush ads. Tell me how we'd all be better off if Kerry were president because he promises to raise taxes. Inquiring minds want to know. But please no more Martha dissection. It's like watching a bunch of buzzards rip apart a fresh kill.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

In 2002 food industry researchers reported tht when children were told they couldn't have junk food, they wanted it even more. Industry spokespeople said that the study showed that children should decide for themselves how much junk food they should have.
I've been on a low-carb diet for over a year. Right now I'd rather have a loaded baked potato then a perfectly cooked filet mignon. Mmmm. Fresh baked bread.

No comments: