Monday, March 29, 2004

Originally this was posted for Sunday but Blogger decided to hiccup so I had to see if I could fix things.

34 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

5 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

Sunday. Since I played at church for two services this morning, "Gimme That Ole Time Religion", I had to get up at 5:15 AM so I could be ready to leave the house at 6:15 AM so I could get to church at 6:30 AM so I could run through all the music for a full hour before the service started at 7:45 AM. I played for three hours. Little wonder that my reed was about ready to flop and my mouth was leaking and I have a pronounce red splotch from my lower lip to my chin...I was able to remove the black marks left by my oxidizing ligature. I don't have to be at church until 6:15 PM this Wednesday. I'm sure the red splotch will have healed by then.

I picked up my friend after church and we went over to check out the new house. Nothing has changed. Nothing. I don't know what they did this week but they didn't work on my house. Actually, some did change. Many of the red tags that someone marked my calico cabinets with had been removed but the calico cabinets remained the same. HTP and I have a walk through of the place scheduled for tomorrow at 11 AM. I will be amazed if they actually get the place cleaned up by then much less get all the repairs accomplished. I'll be amazed if they get all the repairs done by April 2nd (closing day).

I felt a lot better after lunch. We had salad and bread at Arizona Wildflower Bread Company . Ahhhh!!!!! Bread!!!! The salad was good too but the bread was GREAT. I may be prejudiced. I think at this point of my low-carb diet any bread would be GREAT. Right now if someone were to ask me if I'd rather have a 16-oz. porterhouse steak, cooked just the way I like it or a 16-oz. loaf of home-baked bread, white bread, I'd take the latter....or a fully loaded baked potato....or garlic mashed potatoes with gravy....or...you get the idea. But the Emerald Spinach Salad was really good too.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Wisdom for the Buddha

"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace."

"Every human being is the author of his own disease."

No comments: