Wednesday, March 03, 2004

59 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

30 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, as soon as we eat breakfast w'ell be heading out the door. HTP always rags me about packing my suitcases the night before when we're traveling. I just can't function well enough in the morning before my first cup of coffee to pack in any kind of logical fashion. HTP hasn't packed yet.

I had a really relaxing time here in Vegas and I'm all energized to return to Arizona to get ready for the move. Two moves really. One move to the new home and one move to Wisconsin. I won't start the countdown on that until I figure out when we're leaving. STP (Son Type Person) hasn't been told when he has to report for orientation and he wants to spend every golden last moment with his friends in Arizona before heading to the wilds of Wisconsin.

After a nice breakfast and a nicer visit with my parents, we drove the long drive back to Arizona, across The Dam where there was no real traffic (vehicular or pedestrian), and through the mountains and the desert. It was fast. We got some rain (not wrath of God rain or man the buckets we're sinking rain like in the Midwest but rain that you have to turn your windshield wipers on nonetheless and often tends to panic the locals who don't see it very often) all because HTP said there we wouldn't see any rain until June. Thankfully no-one panicked when they saw the wet stuff coming from the sky. We're safe and sound back here at home. All my bags are unpacked and I'm ready to eat.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

More Cures that Could Ail You

To fix a limp, rub the bad leg with skunk or wildcat grease.

To stop a nosebleed, pack you nose with cobwebs (actually...this probably does work in a pinch).

To reduce a fever, eat watermelon or chew turnips.

No comments: