Friday, March 19, 2004

43 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

14 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

I've got two weeks left before I can start moving things into the new house. Actually, I have to wait for a bit before moving things in because, believe it or not, we're going to remodel the house before we move in by adding an interior wall which wasn't offered by our subdivision builder and we are having the entire interior of the house repainted too. I can start moving things into the cupboards and the pantry and the closets though...but not the garage until the garage cabinets and the water-softener are installed. I really need to interview movers. I should have done this already but HTP and I haven't even decided when we should make that final move other than before the 30th of April.

I am selling my living room furniture. The ad is in the paper right now. I've already had two calls. I've decided that I'd better tell people that my wing chairs are a dusty rose color instead of pink. For some reason the word pink tends to scare people. They're not really pink...not Mary Kay pink anyway so I think I can call them dusty rose without any qualms.

HTP and I were over at the new house yesterday. The landscaping in the front has been installed...as it were. I'm not all that happy with it but it came with the house. I'm going to have check the planting list though because I really don't remember reading anything about fountain grass and they've planted three clumps of the stuff. I hate that stuff. It always looks messy and it's a pain to maintain. After we move in I plan to sneak out in the dead of night to replace the stuff...one clump at a time. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

What Happened in 1984?

The first photos of missing children were placed on milk cartons.

Bishop Desmond Tutu was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated.

The Soviet Union boycotted the summer Olympics in L.A.

Dan Marino (Miami Dolphin) threw a single-season record of 48 TD passes.

The #1 movie was Ghostbusters.

The #1 single was Prince's "When Doves Cry".

Newsweek magazine dubbed 1984 the "Year of the Yuppie".

No comments: