Monday, March 01, 2004

61 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

32 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

I've escaped. HTP and I ran away to Las Vegas for a few days. I've been lolling around in front of the video poker machine. I don't do reel slots. I stayed up late and I woke up late. I think the sun must have risen. I'm only up right now because I need coffee. Coffee. I'm going to go down and get a coffee at the kiosk in the park. Anyone who knows me knows where I'm staying. I've got a gold card and my room and board is free. Too bad the machines aren't free. Oh well. So far I've made a profit but that will change I know. We're here to decompress from all the stress of house selling. We're here to build up the needed energy to tackle all the things that need doing when we get back.

My son is supposed to be taking care of the house, the dogs, the plants, and on top of that, he has to get to school on time. We waited until he was out of the house on a jazz band activity before we made our escape. I feel so guilty. We left him a note. I'm going to have to bring him a present. Chocolate? Ethyl M's. MMMMM. I think I'd better hold off getting that until we're just ready to leave or it'll never make it back to Arizona. Maybe I'll go down there after coffee and get some chocolate.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

On this day in 1974, an American grand jury issued indictments against President Nixon's top aides, including John Ehrlichman, in the Watergate case.

No comments: