Wednesday, March 24, 2004

38 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

9 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we can move into the new house)

So what does a person who has a little over a week before she can start moving do with her time? I did the laundry. I went shopping with my youngest daughter. I arranged for pest control for the new house. I haven't started packing. I played Pogo Fortune Bingo. I wrote all kinds of emails. I placed an ad in the online classifieds for my living room furniture that I need to sell. I played Pogo Mahjong Garden. I cleaned the kitchen...and then I cleaned it again after my son cooked. I cleaned my son's room...again. I didn't pack. I need to pack. But first I think I'll play more Pogo.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

What Happened in 1989?

Iranian Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa (death sentence) on Satanic author Salman Rushdie.

Time, Inc. and Warner Communications anounced plans to merge.

The oil tanker Exxon Valdez crashed, causing the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

Chinese troops squashed pro-democracy demonstrators in Tiananmen Square.

Sega Genesis was released. (It now rests with our historical collection of electronic greats, Pong, Commodore 64, Atari, and Nintendo which must be saved for future generations).

The Berlin Wall fell.

The #1 movie was Batman.

The top TV show was The Cosby Show.

No comments: