Monday, April 18, 2005

Eight Days and a Wake Up Before We Leave For Wisconsin

Word of the Day

Adorkable: Being adorable in a dorky way.

My glasses are done. I just need to go over there, have them fitted, and bring them on home. I need to order my new contacts but that will have to wait until I get back home to Wisconsin since I don't want to pay premium instore prices...but maybe I'll check to see if Walmart might have some in stock and cheap.

I'm starting to pack. OK. I'm starting to think about packing. We don't have all that much time left here and I've got to do so much yet. I never did get over to the rec center here as I planned. Oh well...maybe next fall. I need to turn off our fountain, drain the water out and rescue the goldfish. Yes, I do have goldfish still. Sometimes you see 'em, and most times you don't. But they're still there and I can't just let them die. I promised my Arizona daughter that I'd fish them out and save them for her to goldfish sit while we're gone.

We have to drain the fountain because we don't want to encourage mosquito breeding. Arizona has had lots of problems with the West Nile Virus last summer despite the fact that we live in a desert. There are a lot of man-made lakes, unmaintained pools and ponds, the canal, and some of the older areas have irrigation systems that flood the fields or yards instead of the drip systems the newer areas use. HTP and I thought it would be best to do our part in removing at least one possible breeding ground while we're gone. I don't suppose our little fountain could cause too much of a problem, especially with mosquito larvae-eating goldfish but then again, the fountain would probably dry out anyway sometime during the summer if I turn off the water to it. We do live in a desert.

Murphyism of the Day

First Law for Freelance Artists

A high-paying rush job comes in only after you committed to a low-paying rush job.

No comments: